St Joseph CYO Mission Statement
CYO Sports is one component of a parish's comprehensive youth ministry program
which enables the partnership of parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers,
and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows youth to grow in
their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
- Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the sharing of gospel values among athletes,
parents and coaches.
- Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual, social, and physical needs of young people.
- Encourages young people to appreciate the gifts that they possess, and challenges them to share these gifts
with their community.
- Allows youth to witness the life of Christian Discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders.
- Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community.
In keeping with the CYO Mission, each participant is encouraged to donate their time to service projects and to attend a team mass each session.